Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkins!

I took my grandkids to the local orchid on Sunday. I love this time of year when the apples are ready to pick and you begin to see pumpkins stacked in wagons or piled high at the road side veggie stands.
I've been trying my hand at blowing glass pumpkins with a mini blow pipe. It's a natural extension of my experiments with hollow blown beads and shells, but I've found the pumpkins with their ribbed sides quite a bit more of a challenge than the shells and rounds. They're fun to make though and I love to challenge myself when it comes to glass.
Of course I'm making harvest veggie beads like crazy too! Tis the season!
I even tried a set with large holes to fit Pandora (and similar) bracelets and necklaces yesterday. Pictures will follow if they come out ok.