Saturday, February 27, 2010

Blow Me Down

Isn't that what Pop-Eye used to say? Well, a couple nights ago that's just about what happened to us! A particularly windy and rainy winter storm had been buffeting the coast for a couple days and I thought I'd seen the worost of the wind right on the ocean alraedy. Was I ever wrong! I love the sound of the wind and was lulled to sleep with it, when, about 1:30 in the morning a horrific banging and clattering sound woke me with a start. I couldn't figure out what was causing the sound. I thought perhaps a door had blown open, or a gate was slamming open and shut, when we saw a white ....thing....like a foot wide rithing snake, slamming against the window. Turns out it was the aluminum fascia that had been torn loose, but was still attached at one end. By the time we figured out what it was and devised a plan to try to capture it, it had broken in one of the living room windows and torn up the screens. We're lucky we caught it without it slicing into one of us! The force of that wind was crazy! The good news is that the repairs we had done last summer to prevent leaks on the first floor all held up to days of horizontal wind driven rain....but other places leaked instead, so now we have more repairs to make. Eventually this building will be calulked and sealed up like the Ark and we could bob out to sea with no leaks at all!
On the beady front, I have a bunch of bunny and Easter sets in my Etsy shop. I think I'm going to use that as my vehicle for placing Specials since the web site form has turned out to be a little expensive to use for Specials and I've priced them as low as I can possibly sell them.